Current Openings - Leadership
We have an exciting opportunity in a leadership position on our Family Health team. As the Clinical Director, you’ll play an integral part in ensuring the delivery of high quality nursing care thru home visiting to at risk populations. Programs within Family Health focus on the health of women and families during pregnancy and post-delivery, teen parents, premature babies and ill children. Families are offered services using the evidence based home visiting models of Nurse-Family Partnership and Healthy Families America as well as Core Home Visiting programs. You’ll lead our direct care staff in providing exceptional services offered throughout Hennepin County. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assume overall responsibility for oversight and management of the clinical services provided by the clinical and non-clinical teams.
- Assume responsibility for development of clinical policy and procedure.
- Provide mentoring and supervision of team leads including performance appraisals.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, orienting and evaluating staff.
- Identify and implement Quality Improvement activities.
- Manage and coordinate clinical education for nursing staff.
- Display a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with patients, families, peers and in the community.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s degree in nursing required, Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the state of Minnesota.
- Education, preparation and/or experience to include:
- Five years of Maternal Child Health experience.
- Three years or more of demonstrated leadership in a health care setting, including supervision and mentoring of staff.
- Demonstrated management ability and knowledge of nursing practice and quality improvement related to nursing practice
- Previous Public Health or home visiting experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, develop and maintain partnerships.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and the internet.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid MN Driver’s License and daily access to a reliable and insured vehicle.
The Director of IT is responsible for leading the vision, process design, system architecture, development, testing, implementation, and support of technology systems for MVNA and Hospice of the Twin Cities. The Director of IT directs a combination of internal staff and outsourcing partners to deliver reliable technology systems for office-based and mobile staff delivering home and community-based healthcare through a variety of services in a HIPAA compliant environment. The IT Director ensures that appropriate standards are achieved for system up-time, responding to end-user support requests, and maintaining standards for backups and disaster recovery. This position will also oversee the implementation of significant systems transitions (conversion of EHR, transition to Cloud environment, systems upgrades). Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise Information Technology staff providing ongoing leadership to ensure the proper maintenance of all IT systems and functions.
- Using the MVNA IT Strategic plan as a guide, manage identified projects that facilitate and implement solutions to all business and system related issues.
- Respond to all business issues by recommending and providing value-added solutions.
- Maintain and monitor hardware, software, and vendor relationships associated with the cloud network, local network, and all managed computers and devices in the agency to ensure required functionality.
- Manage end-user support and establish required technology training for end-users.
- Determine best practices and implement appropriate plan to manage hardware repairs, upgrades and installation of internal and external components on local or cloud-based systems.
- Hire, train, and terminate staff. Evaluate staffing needs to provide staff with the appropriate technical and soft skills in the IT Department. Hold supervised staff accountable for performance.
- Adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations, maintaining MVNA and Hospice of the Twin Cities’ cultures of confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-7 Years IT Leadership in a Healthcare IT Environment
- Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA HITECH Act for delivering secure services in Healthcare
- Significant experience with the latest Microsoft Server software, Microsoft Workstation applications, Electronic Health Records, Scheduling Systems, and IBM AS/400 systems
- Knowledge of report-writing in SQL, Crystal, FRX, Management Reporter, or other standard reporting program is essential
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and communication skills as well as experience managing relationships with external partners (contracted services, hardware, software, etc.)
- Takes initiative to address issues as they arise and develop long-term solutions
- Embrace MVNA and Hospice of the Twin Cities mission and core values
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to fluctuating work flows and work in an environment of change
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relations with people in various situations
- Demonstrated experience of EPIC (EHR) system
- Experience implementing significant systems transitions (conversion of EHR, transition to Cloud environment, systems upgrades)
- Knowledge of business management, inventory management, and purchasing
- Experience with non-profit or government agency highly desired
Send resume or application to:
Attn: HR, MVNA
2000 Summer Street, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55413
MVNA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. MVNA also participates in E-Verify. Offers of employment from MVNA are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.