Current Openings - Leadership
Family Health Services provides family-centered and community based public health services to low-income, at-risk families. Through home visits, outreach in community settings such as shelters and clinics, and consultation with community organizations like child care centers and schools, nurses work to promote: (1) Healthy birth outcomes; (2) Positive parent-child interaction; (3) Healthy child growth and development; (4) Family self-sufficiency; and (5) Healthy care environments. There is also a focus on the prevention of complications due to illness or chronic disease.
Family Health programs care for high-risk pregnant women, pregnant and parenting teens, families with newborns, socially complex young families with health needs, and families with infants and children requiring assessment and management of acute or chronic medical conditions. Nurses and case managers provide case management, care coordination and quality education and support related to prenatal care, newborn care, and parenting skills. Nurse Family Partnership and Healthy Families America, two nationally recognized evidence-based home visiting programs, are long term, intensive home visiting program from prenatal to age two. Healthy Start focuses on intensive home visiting for African Americans and American Indians who are at highest risk of infant mortality. Child Care Center and School Nurse Consultation Programs work to insure healthy environments and guides appropriate health services in these settings. Personal Care Assessment services works with disabled individuals and assists with the management of their care needs.
This position is responsible for the overall operations of the Family Health Division.
The candidate must be able to:
- Exhibit strong leadership abilities with staff engagement skills to create an atmosphere where change is valued and expected for growth and sustainability;
- Provide executive programming and financial oversight and management;
- Collaborate with teams to develop strategic plans that enhance and grow current and new lines of business;
- Develop strong working relationships with new community partners while strengthening current relationships;
- Provide leadership and critical thinking in the field of family and public health;
- Be a strong team member on the Senior Executive Team of MVNA.
- Master’s Degree in public health, business, leadership or health related field.
- Registered Nurse or bachelor’s degree in health related area preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a health care setting.
- Leadership qualities demonstrated in past achievements and/or previous work experience.
- Financial literacy and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Highly mission driven health care executive that organizes, executes, and is generally responsible for the overall operations of Community Health programs that provide services across the 7 county metro area, the entire state of Minnesota and neighboring states. Programs under direct management or coordinated with other managers include a variety of Public Health and Community related programs. This position will be a member of the Senior Executive Leadership Team and will report to the CEO. As a strategic partner in the organization, you will play a key role in the financial management, growth and sustainability of our company.
- Supports organization’s mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of job with a focus on positive interpersonal relationship with co-workers
- Provide leadership and guidance to all the different programs in Community Health
- Implement metrics to monitor quality of programs
- Initiate and manage contracts with outside vendors and providers
- Grow current programs and develop new programs
- Ensure regulatory, licensing and accrediting compliance within departments
- Supervises staff in conjunction with the organization’s leadership practices
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or Public Health, or other related field
- RN or other licensed credential preferred
- At least five years progressive experience in healthcare and / or social services organization and managing multiple departments
- Excellent communication, and strategy development skills
- Strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
We have an exciting opportunity in a leadership position on our Community Health team. As the Clinical Director, you’ll play an integral part in ensuring the provision of high quality services which include community wellness, case management, and consultant services. You’ll lead our direct care staff in providing exceptional services offered throughout the Twin Cities’ community, Minnesota, and the surrounding states. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide mentoring and supervision of direct staff including performance appraisals.
- Participate in interviewing, hiring, orienting and evaluating staff.
- Assume responsibility for development of clinical policy and procedure.
- Assist with strategic planning for our Community Health lines of business.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with clinical staff.
- Manage and coordinate clinical education for nursing staff.
- Provide active role in developing and overseeing Agency’s Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Maintain and provide oversight of agency partnership with Minnesota Department of Health.
- Display a positive and professional image and attitude in all relationships with patients, families, peers and in the community.
- Bachelor prepared RN; Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of nurse leadership and nurse supervisory experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in community heath, case management or wellness services
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with city, county and state departments of health
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adjust to fast pace during peak seasons of services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, email, social media, with skill set to quickly adapt to new software programs
Send resume or application to:
Attn: HR, MVNA
2000 Summer Street, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Minnesota Visiting Nurse Agency is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. MVNA also participates in E-Verify. Offers of employment from MVNA are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.